Outstanding… now that’s a big word!
So what does it take to live an outstanding life?
Well, in my humble opinion, it is about daily and weekly practises that support, nurture, grow, expand, and feed our soul. It’s about doing things that make our spirit feel happy. It’s about taking care of our heart by honouring ourselves.
The good news is that these sort of things tend to be really simple, however the challenge with anything being so simple is that we often dismiss (or forget about) them. A lot of us also don’t appreciate the power they hold.
On this note, I present to you a short list of 50 tips to lead you to an OUTSTANDING life:
- Get serious about gratitude
- Smile and connect with strangers – the planet needs this right now
- Forgive those who have wronged you
- Drink high quality water in abundance
- Make exercise and movement a daily practice
- Do work that lights up your soul
- Expect the best and prepare for the worst
- Always use your manners and be elegantly polite
- Write – journalling is the gateway inwards
- Read The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Plan your week so you can be the most effective (and the least stressed)
- Find joy in the simple pleasures of life – a blue sky, clean air, great food, friendship, a good nights sleep, a dog at the park having fun…
- Know your Top 5 core values that drive your life
- Learn how to say NO and be comfortable with it
- Avoid watching the news – it is so bleak and dispiriting!
- Meditate; find stillness in every day
- Speak less and listen more
- Take responsibility for your actions and apologise for any negative impact you have on others – own your shit!
- Get a mentor or hire a coach
- Eat less food, but more nutritionally dense food
- Swim in the ocean – as much as you possibly can
- Find more people to look up to; be inspired to stretch yourself
- Be a hero to someone
- Tread lightly on the planet – reuse, recycle, reduce, or REFUSE!
- Save 10% of your income each month
- Listen to music that makes you feel light
- Walk in nature and notice its beauty
- Write thank you cards to those who’ve helped you in the past – send them via snail mail
- Create magic moments with those that you love – often
- Have 5 amazing friends who totally have your back
- Unplug your TV
- Read or listen to something of value every day
- Be content with what you have; appreciate it
- Pursue your dreams with focus and clarity
- Be authentic. People can smell insincerity a mile away
- Never miss a moment to celebrate another person’s wins – big or small
- Get clear on your mission for this life
- Don’t listen to the naysayers
- Know your strengths as well as your growth areas
- Focus your mind on an abundance mentality as opposed to a lack mentality
- Be patient – it will happen, it is coming, you are almost there!
- Don’t give up – EVER
- Clean up your mess
- Be impeccable with your word
- Give more than you receive
- Explore the planet; be adventurous
- Honour your parents – they did the best they could with what they had
- Be an excellent team player
- Be the best person you know
- Make this life of yours matter
May your life be truly Outstanding!